The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is seeking a Sector Specialist in Health Care to advance the adoption of Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM products in the industry. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about Cradle to Cradle® design principles and can communicate a vision and need for these products in the Health Care sector. The Sector Specialist must also be able to work collaboratively with industry stakeholders to advance the Institute's mission.
Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute (C2CPII)
JOB POSITION STATEMENT
Sector Specialist - Healthcare
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing a strategic plan to promote widespread adoption of Cradle to Cradle design® practice in the Healthcare Sector through education, communication, social media, and other outreach activities.
• Establishing strong relationships with constituents and stakeholders, including: specifiers, manufacturers, policy makers, interest groups and associations.
• Participating actively in standards and certification Initiatives such as LEED for Healthcare, Practice Greenhealth’s EPP program, Health Care without Harm, Greenguide for Healthcare, etc.
• Participating in industry relevant Conferences (i.e CleanMed) through speaking/education opportunities and Expo opportunities.
• Creating and executing a multi-channel communications plan including content for the website, newsletters, and regular communication with Healthcare constituents.
• Creating and promoting, through educational presentations, the Cradle to Cradle® business case to industry leaders
Applicants must have the following minimum professional qualifications and/or experience:
1. A strong grasp of the Health care industry relating to the material health and safety of health care products.
2. A background in sales and or marketing.
3. Bachelors Degree or higher in Chemistry, Health Sciences or related fields.
4. Knowledge of certification programs and standards.
5. Understanding of procurement policies.
6. Understanding or education in material science.
Applicants should also possess the following general qualifications:
1. Familiarity with and or a willingness to be trained in Cradle to Cradle® thinking.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work with a team of peers and others of varying backgrounds and skills.
4. Experience with logistical and IT systems.
5. Entrepreneurial spirit
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and will start in the $60K range. Benefits include health insurance.
Position is based in San Francisco.
Ability to travel as needed is critical.
May consider a part-time work schedule.